Updated 24 May 2018
DRAKOS DMC ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last updated: May 24th 2018
DRAKOS TRAVEL LTD, REGISTERED IN CYPRUS (herein after refereed to as “DRAKOS DMC”) is a destination management company operating in Cyprus or globally which services for meetings, incentives, conferences, events or other travel arrangements to its individual clients, other agencies or corporate clients (the “Client”).
It is DRAKOS DMC’s utmost concern to constantly improve its services in order to best meet the needs of its Clients. To this end, DRAKOS DMC may collect and store certain information, including personal data of people like you. DRAKOS DMC takes the protection of your personal data very seriously in all of its business processes. This Data Protection Statement is meant to help you understand how data are collected, processed and stored to meet legal requirements and DRAKOS DMC’s data protection standards.
It will be very difficult and even impossible for DRAKOS DMC to provide you services if you refuse to allow DRAKOS DMC to process your data. For this reason, by providing personal data to DRAKOS DMC, you agree to be legally bound by and explicitly consent to this Data Protection Statement, as it may be amended from time to time. If you do not agree to this Data Protection Statement or cannot form a legally binding contract, DRAKOS DMC would not be able to process your personal data.
- Scope of this Data Protection Statement
This Data Protection Statement applies to all services offered by DRAKOS DMC.
This Data Protection Statement does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals.
- Data collected and method of collection
2.1 In general
DRAKOS DMC collects general and personal data concerning you from:
- you when you provide your details to DRAKOS DMC;
- its Clients (in such cases, Client must ensure that it is entitled to disclose such data and that you are aware of the various matters detailed in this Data Protection Statement);
- participants at Client’s meetings and events organized by DRAKOS DMC;
- users of DRAKOS DMC’s websites (WWW.DRAKOSDMC.COM OR WWW.DRAKOSTRAVEL.COM)
In the scope of our business and in order to provide our services the following may be collected from you or your client(s):
- phone numbers;
- email addresses;
- organization or company of employment and/or job title;
- field of activity and/or interest;
- travel destinations;
- travel schedules;
- travel preferences;
- accommodation preferences;
- other communicated preferences;
2.2 Cookies Policy
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
- to enable certain functions of the website,
- to provide analytics,
- to store your preferences ad personalize the content,
- to improve the user experience
- to enable advertisements delivery, including behavioural advertising
- to share on social networks
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Essential cookies
We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Third-party cookies
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, some features of the DRAKOS DMC website may not work properly, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- Purpose of data collection
DRAKOS DMC uses the data collected to provide, maintain, protect and improve the overall quality of its services. Data collection is also meant to protect DRAKOS DMC and its users. DRAKOS DMC does not collect more data than is necessary to fulfil such purposes.
DRAKOS DMC uses your data for the following purposes and for which you give your consent:
- a) Bookings:. When a booking is made, DRAKOS DMC logs thedata along with the booking information that is needed to fulfil your request and to fulfil regulatory requirements. To make bookings, DRAKOS DMC might need to transfer personal data to various third-party travel suppliers (such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies, online booking tool companies, safety and security tracking providers and computer booking systems) within Cyprus, the EU, your home country or in another country where you may be traveling and often also to government bodies as necessary.
- b) Consolidation of travel data: At the request of a Client, DRAKOS DMC or a third party may prepare information reports that summarize and analyse the expenditures per destination, per travel supplier, etc. Such reports which may include certain personal data
- c) Compliance with travel policy: At the request of a Client, DRAKOS DMC may report on your compliance with the event compliance policy, budget compliance policy or travel policy of such Client and identify any exceptions to the compliance.
- d) New products and services: With the goal of improving services and based on the data given to DRAKOS DMC, DRAKOS DMC may send you additional information related to your current or future event(s) and/or trip(s). An example might be a list of restaurants near a specific hotel in the destination city or parking facilities at the departure airport.
- e) Promotion and marketing: DRAKOS DMC may use your data to personalize your experience on the DRAKOS DMC website by presenting advertisements that are more relevant to you, to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about our services, case studies, thought leadership or whitepapers, blog updates, etc. For example, DRAKOS DMC uses third party service providers to present services and offers tailored to the preferences and interests demonstrated by your online activity over time. DRAKOS DMC may use your data for promotion and marketing purposes for DRAKOS DMC’s current or prospective Clients and/or third parties in DRAKOS DMC’s industry. DRAKOS DMC may use the data to analyse trends in order to propose other services to its Clients, such as new events or other services.
- f) Technical data: DRAKOS DMC, or third parties instructed by DRAKOS DMC, evaluate this data purely for statistical purposes and only in an anonymised form, in order to optimize DRAKOS DMC’s website and increase user-friendliness, efficiency and safety. DRAKOS DMC may in particular use technical data to measure the success of DRAKOS DMC marketing campaigns, compile statistics about DRAKOS DMC website usage and response rates, and use aggregated personal data calculate the percentage of DRAKOS DMC users who have a particular telephone area code.
- g) Other purposes: DRAKOS DMC may use your data as DRAKOS DMC believes to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce DRAKOS DMC’s terms and conditions; (e) to protect DRAKOS DMC’s operations; (f) to protect DRAKOS DMC’s rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow DRAKOS DMC to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that DRAKOS DMC may sustain.
DRAKOS DMC will ask your consent before using data for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Statement subject to mandatory laws.
- Duration of storage
General and personal data will be kept by DRAKOS DMC only as long as reasonably necessary taking into consideration its need to answer queries or resolve problems, to provide improved and new services and to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws or with inquiries from Clients on past events or travel activities. You may cancel/delete your DRAKOS DMC data by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Location of storage and controller of data base
The data that DRAKOS DMC maintains are stored in a database in house.
- Your duties
You must ensure that the data you provide us with are:
- truthful; and
- compliant with any applicable laws.
In particular, since DRAKOS DMC will mainly use email communications with you, you are required to notify us of any modification of your email address.
DRAKOS DMC is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. DRAKOS DMC does not target the digital asset to children less than fourteen (14) years of age or knowingly collect information from children for the purpose of selling products or services.
- Transfer and communication of data
7.1 In general
Your personal data may therefore be transferred to and outside of Cyprus, including in countries whose data protection laws may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. You hereby agree and give your consent to DRAKOS DMC to transfer and communicate your data as follows:
- a) Transfers within DRAKOS DMC group: Transfers are made to support its activities and/or services.
- b) Transfer to third-parties: DRAKOS DMC works with certain third parties to obtain support services in connection with travels, meetings and events services and/or other DRAKOS DMC services to its Clients, such as emergency online booking services, hotel booking services, ground transportation requirements or airline ticket issuance, badge provider and, in some cases, personal data will be shared with these third parties in order to pursue DRAKOS DMC’s mission and goals. DRAKOS DMC may also transfer personal data to third parties at the request of its Clients. For example, for data consolidation or emergency tracking services. DRAKOS DMC may transfer your data to third parties for promotion and marketing purposes as outlined above. DRAKOS DMC may also transfer your data to a third-party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of DRAKOS DMC business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Prior to a transfer, third-parties (except for travel suppliers and authorized transfers such as within the EU) are required to sign a data transfer agreement with DRAKOS DMC that requires them to follow the applicable data protection laws.
- c) Regulatory transfers: DRAKOS DMC may be required by law to transfer data to governments and regulatory and/or supervisory authorities.
7.2. Electronic transfer of data
If you visit DRAKOS DMC’s website your data will be transported via an open publicly accessible network. The data might therefore be transmitted across national borders even if you and DRAKOS DMC are located in Cyprus. This involves notably the risk that your data may be intercepted and read by third parties, allowing such third parties to infer an already existing or future business relationship between you and DRAKOS DMC.
Furthermore, you are notified that information you transmit or allow to be transmitted to you by DRAKOS DMC via an electronic medium, in particular via e-mail, SMS, contact forms, etc. are usually unencrypted and therefore neither confidential nor secure. Even in the event of an encrypted transmission, sender and recipient remain unencrypted in each case. Third parties may therefore be able to infer an existing or future business relationship between you and DRAKOS DMC.
If you provide DRAKOS DMC with personal information, your personal data may be transferred by DRAKOS DMC to countries whose data protection laws may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence as set forth above.
- Security and organizational measures
To ensure the safety of your data on DRAKOS DMC’s website and systems, DRAKOS DMC has implemented appropriate technical, contractual, administrative, physical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from loss, destruction, unauthorized access, accidental or unlawful disclosure and manipulation. These measures are subject to continuous development in accordance with technological progress and are periodically reviewed to comply with all applicable privacy laws. However, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal data and therefore cannot assume any liability in this respect.
Only authorized DRAKOS DMC staff, third party companies’ (i.e. service providers) staff or our Clients’ authorized staff (who have contractually agreed to keep all information secure) have access to your personal data. All DRAKOS DMC staff who have access to your personal data are required to adhere to the staff confidentiality regulations and all third-party employees who have access to your personal data have signed non-disclosure agreements. In addition, data transfer agreements are in place with third-party companies that have access to your personal data to make sure these data remain secure.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have a right to request access to, rectification of your Data, or restriction of processing, and to object to said processing, as well as the right to data portability to the extent applicable. Moreover, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Under certain conditions you also have the right to have your personal data that is stored by DRAKOS DMC blocked and deleted, unless DRAKOS DMC has to keep these data for legitimate business or legal purposes. For more information, you should contact the Data Protection Officer at the below-mentioned e-mail address.
To contact DRAKOS DMC with questions or issues about DRAKOS DMC’s data processing, you should contact the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRAKOS DMC gives you many choices regarding DRAKOS DMC’s use and disclosure of your personal data for marketing purposes. By contacting the Data Protection Officer at the above-mentioned e-mail address, you may opt-out from receiving future electronic marketing messages from DRAKOS DMC and request that we not share your personal data with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes. DRAKOS DMC will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, DRAKOS DMC will not be able to remove your personal data from the databases of unaffiliated third parties with which DRAKOS DMC has already shared your personal data (i.e., to which we have already provided your personal data as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from DRAKOS DMC, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
This Statement may be revised and updated by DRAKOS DMC from time to time to comply with statutory data protection and privacy laws. DRAKOS DMC will post any statement changes on its website and, if the changes are significant, DRAKOS DMC will send a notice to the e-mail address provided.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com